Day 1 is about over and so far I’m feeling great!
Here’s what I ate:
- 1 baked sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon
- 2 large cups Lemon Zinger tea
- room temp water
- walked 5 miles
- 1 serving quinoa (1/4 cup), cooked in water and 1 leek (cut in half, washed thoroughly and cut into thin half moon shapes)
- 1 can Whole Foods skipjack tuna packed in water. I planned to wait until dinner to have any fish but I was really hungry when I started cooking the quinoa (it takes about 15 minutes to cook).I had planned to do my shopping for the week at Whole Foods in the afternoon so the cupboards were bare.
- 1 cup Lemon Zinger tea
- My younger brother Isaac works at Whole Foods in Short Pump and I got to see him! Bonus! I bought a container of pre-cut organic pineapple while I was shopping and ate it after unpacking the groceries.
- Baked Salmon with a little pepper and a couple of sprays of Bragg Liquid Aminos.
- Butter lettuce salad with pomegranate arils, shaved fennel, avocado, shallots and orange with a citrus dressing (orange zest, juice, extra virgin olive oil and a little kosher salt and pepper).
Today was a lot of work in planning what I was going to eat over the next couple days and then shopping for everything. One thing I didn’t realize until after I made my blog post last night is that I have to do a three day “post cleanse” after my three days of juicing. The suggested menu is about the same as the three preparation days. That makes a total of nine days of needing to be very conscious about what I eat. Apparently it’s really important to slowly introduce food back to your system.
The brand of juice I decided to go with is the BluePrint cleanse. I ordered three days of their Foundation Cleanse. It’s organic, raw and unpasteurized. There are a couple of reasons I decided to buy the juice instead of making it myself:
- Reason #1: I don’t own a juicer. I have never juiced before and I don’t know how I will feel about it. I want to make sure that I like it. If this works out then I might do this every few months. In between it would be cool to make juices for breakfast or lunch.
- Reason #2: It’s easier. My spring semester at school started last week and the BluePrint juices are bottled and numbered according to the order you need to drink them during the day. I can take them to class in a cooler bag if I need to…EASY!